You may have been to LDS.org before, but did you know even more options are waiting for you when you register for and sign in with an LDS Account? Try out these 10 great features, which you can access through the “Tools” menu (unless otherwise noted).
- Access your family history charts, create your family tree, and prepare family names for temple work. (Visit familysearch.org.)
- Use your ward and stake directory to find contact information for local leaders and ward members. (An LDS Tools app is available for mobile devices.)
- Work on Personal Progress and Duty to God online, including tracking your progress and keeping a digital journal. (VisitPersonalProgress.lds.org or DutyToGod.lds.org.)
- Mark up, highlight, and take notes on a digital edition of the scriptures and other Church publications. (An LDS Gospel Library app is available for mobile devices.)
- Do FamilySearch indexing to help a lot of people with family history in a short amount of time. (Visit indexing.familysearch.org.)
- Record spiritual thoughts, inspiration, or goals with the “Notes and Journal” feature (also available on the LDS Gospel Library app).
- Leave comments on articles and videos at youth.lds.org.
- View your ward calendar to find out what’s coming up.
- Read your ward newsletter for messages and information from your leaders.
- Request a copy of your patriarchal blessing or those of your deceased ancestors.
How to Create an LDS Account
To create a free LDS account, go to ldsaccount.lds.org and click “Register for an LDS Account.” You’ll need to provide your membership number (which you can get from your ward clerk) and your birth date. Youth under age 13 will also need a parent’s membership number or email address to register.